24-Hour Emergency Veterinary Care
[back to top]
Rescue Events - A site where rescues and
shelters can publish upcoming events. such as Adoption
Days, FundRaisers, On-line events, and Rabies Clinics.
Hosted by www.saveapetslife.org
- Cat in a Tree
Rescue Service - Features information about cats
stuck in trees, and a directory of climbers around the
world committed to rescuing cats stuck in trees.
- Finding a Lost
Cat - Helpful information on finding a lost cat,
contributed by a friend of the Scarlet Paws Animal
- ARF (Animal
Rescue Force) - A private, non-profit
organization based in Central New Jersey that finds
responsible homes for dogs and cats and encourages all
dog and cat owners to spay and neuter their pets.
Alliance of New Jersey - A registered, 501(c)3,
non-profit organization, staffed almost entirely by
volunteers, that rescues cats, dogs, kittens, and
puppies from overcrowded, overburdened animal shelters
and animal control holding facilities and places them
into the safety of our foster care network.
- Cattitude - A
New Jersey non-profit cat & dog rescue &
- Happy Paws Rescue
Inc - Founded in 2011 by three Rutgers
University alumnae, Happy Paws Rescue is a New Jersey
non-profit corporation dedicated to animal rescue and
adoption, and specializing in the rescue of dogs and
cats from high-kill shelters where the prospect of
permanent placement is unlikely.
- Homeless Animal Lifeline (HAL) -
An all-volunteer, nonprofit 501c3 humane education,
caregiver assistance, and animal rescue organization
located in New Jersey.
- Karma Cat + Zen Dog
Rescue Society - A rescue group seeking to
provide a safe and peaceful haven for homeless,
abandoned or abused animals, through foster,
spay/neuter, trap-neuter-return, and education
- Lost Paws
Animal Rescue - A volunteer group that fosters
homeless animals until they can be placed in loving
- Sammy's Hope - A volunteer-run rescue group that finds Forever Homes for dogs and cats in shelters. Currently works closely with the Edison Animal Shelter in Edison, NJ.
Inc - Summit Animal Rescue Association
- SAVE - an
independent non-profit animal shelter dedicated to
protecting the health and welfare of homeless
companion animals in the greater Princeton area.
Catz, Inc. - A relatively small Mercer County,
NJ-based rescue group
- Whiskers Rescue
- Provides TNR service for community cats in Central
[back to top]
Sanctuary Society - A non-profit tax-exempt
charitable corporation registered in the State of New
Jersey, whose primary purpose is to help animals in
need, and to guide and educate people concerning those
- Seer Farms - A
NJ-based organization that provides extended emergency
care for animals whose families must give them up
- Tabby's Place
- a cage-free sanctuary that provides refuge to cats
in hopeless situations.
Good Shepherd Cat Sanctuary - a non profit,
501c3, no kill cat rescue and shelter specializing in
feral cat rescue, treatment of injured, abused, and
abandoned cats, and adoption services. Located
in Delmar, MD.
Trap-Neuter-Return and Community
Wildlife Rehabilitation Centers
[back to top]
- Antler Ridge Wildlife Sanctuary - Newton, NJ (973-800-2420). Specializes in: Raccoon, skunk, opossum, squirrels, chipmunks, rabbits, woodchuck, deer.
- Avian Wildlife Center - Wantage, NJ (973-702-1957). Specializes in: Birds: Raptors, passerines, wading birds, waterfowl.
- Bat Rehabilitation of New Jersey - Pittstown, New Jersey (908-229-6496). A non-profit bat sanctuary whose primary goal is the rescue and rehabilitation of bats of New Jersey. It provides direct hands-on rehabilitation of injured bats, as well as raising orphaned bat pups, with the ultimate goal being the release back into the wild of these bats.
- Freedom Center for Wildlife - Cinnaminson, NJ (856-366-4114). Specializes in: Raccoon, skunk, opossum, squirrels, chipmunks, rabbits, bats, woodchuck, fox, beaver; Birds: Raptors passerines, wading birds, waterfowl, sea birds.
- List of NJ Wildlife Rehabilitators [PDF]
- Mercer County Wildlife Center - Titusville, NJ (609-883-6606). Specializes in: Raccoon, skunk, opossum, squirrels, rabbits, fox, deer, coyote, beaver, bats and woodchuck; Birds: Raptors, passerine, wading birds, waterfowl and seabirds; Reptiles: Snakes and turtles
- The Raptor Trust - Millington, NJ (908-647-2353). Specializes in: Birds: Raptors, passerines, wading birds and waterfowl
- Turtle Rescue of New Jersey - Hardwick, NJ (908-362-7747). All aspects of native and exotic turtle and tortoise care and rehabilitation
- Wild Baby Rescue Center - Blairstown, NJ (908-362-WILD). Specializes in: Raccoon, skunk, opossum, squirrels, rabbits, fox, deer, coyote, bats and woodchuck.
- Woodford Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge - Medford, NJ (856-983-3329). Specializes in: Raccoon, skunk, opossum, squirrels, chipmunks, rabbits, woodchuck, fox, deer; Birds: Raptors, passerines, wading birds, waterfowl, sea birds.
- Woodlands Wildlife Refuge - Clinton, NJ (908-730-8300). Specializes in: Raccoon, skunk, opossum, squirrels, chipmunks, rabbits, bats, woodchuck, fox, bear, bobcat, coyote, beaver, otter; Reptiles: Snakes, turtles